Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Ups and Downs

Tuesday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, day. It was a terrible day at school, and I went home and it was a terrible day at home. I was angry. Furiously angry. And when I'm angry, I say things I don't want to say, and I cry. I hate crying. I went upstairs because that was the only place left to retreat to. I laid on the bed and sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed. Every time I would stop crying, and think I was done, I would remember that "oh yeah, and tomorrow is FIELD DAY."  For some reason, not a very rational one, I hate field day at school. HATE it. I always have. And it seemed to me to be the ultimate insult, that on top of everything else that was wrong, I also had to endure field day the next day.
Yesterday, Wednesday, is over. Field day is done. And, apparently, so are many of the other things that were plaguing me on Tuesday. By 5:00 yesterday, I was in such a good mood I actually came home and did the dishes, just because I felt better, felt SO much better from 24 hours before.  Its funny how one day, everything looks black and gloomy and sad and bad and awful, and yet, just 24 hours later, so much can be better that you even feel happy, actually HAPPY, again. Life is just strange sometimes.

4 comments:

Jennifer Montero said...

Wow..I forgot all about Field Day. I didn't have the fearful dread of it you seem to have, but I am dreading my job tomorrow. Also hate crying but I expect a good sob into a labrador would do me some good too. Glad you're feeling better.

Fawn said...

Life is indeed just strange sometimes. I've been where you've been. Very glad to hear that the terrible, horrible etc day is done and you found sunshine again!

Peruby said...

I blame mine on menopause.

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Laurie, Did you close out your facebook? Juan and I now share one and I cant find you. Send me an email at leighchanges09@gmail.com I need to privately communicate with you.