OK, so... I am thankful for
- homemade cranberry wine that turned out fantastic, and a husband who, judging the quality of my day, opened a bottle, poured me a glass, and brought the rest of the bottle to me along with the glass!
- big children who are both coming home from college tonight, just for the weekend, to visit
- looking forward to sleeping in past 6 tomorrow - it's SATURDAY!
- looking forward to next Wednesday off from school for Veterans' Day - four day weeks are always good!
- getting the vacuuming done tonight, and the kitchen floor mopped last night. I am trying to get at least one "major" chore done each night so I don't have to spend all weekend in a dirty house, or every single second cleaning on the weekend. Don't worry - there are still dishes to do, laundry to fold and put away, a chicken coop to clean, etc.
- getting my desk cleaned off at school today, and all the piles of papers and books and whoknowswhatall sorted and cleaned up, so I can come in Monday morning to a clean desk and work area
- the generosity of people at school who bought many raffle tickets today for my neighbor who was diagnosed with lymphoma
- beginning to plan and order and make Christmas presents. For me, the planning is better than the day itself.
- Bramble seeming to be almost housebroken, finally - knock on wood. At least it is WAY better than a month ago. Frustrating, but so much better, finally. And thankful that I did NOT have to use a crate for it.